Ron Peterson, JD
For decades, Ron has skillfully advised clients in the Business, Real Estate and Business Succession Planning areas. He works with clients on a variety of issues including matters with financial services, intellectual property, commercial real estate, and capital financing. Clients frequently seek Ron’s guidance in various business planning and financial transaction matters to include mergers and acquisitions, business organization issues, formation and reorganization, raising capital for entities and choice of entities.
He is skilled at working with complex business commercial transactions and succession planning for privately owned or controlled entities. His wealth of experience includes negotiating and drafting countless commercial contracts, business sales and complex commercial real estate transactions.
Ron’s extensive senior management experience, along with his legal acumen, includes strategic planning, corporate consultation, decision implementation and a solid record of success working with business entities to create innovative solutions to their legal and business needs.
In the area of Real Estate, Ron is certified as a Real Property Law Specialist by the Real Property Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association and has published numerous articles on the topics of real estate and business.
Ron represents clients in the private and public sector in all industries impacted by business, real estate and succession planning. In particular, he has worked with clients in the medical device, manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, retail and technology industries. Whether they seek intellectual property advice, financing or business succession planning guidance, he is able to walk his clients through the gauntlet of legal considerations.
- Represented a technology manufacturer in mergers, licensing and international distribution matters.
- Guided a manufacturer through numerous acquisitions, mergers and financing transactions.
- Assisted several medical device companies with start-up financing, mid-stage funding and other financial transactions.
- Counseled a large health care company in the acquisition, construction and financing of its medical campus.
- Advised a significant financial services company in transactions involving a special purpose capital financial services company and reinsurance matters.
- Represented a major laboratory in an extensive reorganization to facilitate succession planning.
- Navigated contracts and multiple acquisitions for a health food manufacturing company.
- Worked with the Community Development Agency in Minneapolis on significant real estate projects to include the Saks Fifth Avenue building and the Sears Tower project in Minneapolis.